[tahoe-dev] question about sharing...

toby cabot toby at caboteria.org
Wed Jun 1 10:42:28 PDT 2011

Hi Folks,

I'm starting to play around with Tahoe-LAFS and it looks very
interesting.  The quickstart instructions and public storage grid make
it quick and easy to get going.  Thanks!

I have a question about sharing files with other people and I can't
find the answer on the site but I hope this isn't a FAQ.  If I run my
own client with the web user interface, I imagine that I can share
files by simply giving someone a directory URL.  Could they then give
this URL to someone else, perhaps someone that I wouldn't want to see
the directory?  Is there an authentication component that I'm missing?

If I give someone a URL to a directory can I later revoke that URL
somehow but still be able to access the directory myself?

Thanks,
Toby