[tahoe-dev] Pubgrid stuff

David Triendl david at triendl.name
Fri Jun 3 09:05:38 PDT 2011

Hi everyone,

it's been a while since I last wrote to this list. It took me until today, but
I finally mailed the private keys required to keep the pubgrid running to
Zooko, Brian and David-Sarah. (See my last message[1].)
Unfortunately I did not get the graphs running again[2]. The stats gatherer is
collecting data from the pubgrid nodes, but they are not processed for display
by Munin.

Let's face it:
I have not been using Tahoe for quite a while, and I do not have much free time
to spend on sysadmin work. I currently run the pubgrid introducer and public
web interface. However, to guarantee the best possible user experience for
pubgrid users, I believe that somebody else should take over.

Off the top of my head, here is a list of stuff that pubgrid maintenance
includes:
* Running the tahoe introducer for the pubgrid (see [3]). The introducer needs
  to be reachable on port 50528.
* Running a storage node. My node currently uses 3.3 GB and I would like to
  transfer that to you instead of deleting it.
* Offering a web interface at [4]. This includes modifying tahoe's template
  files to include the warning message for Chinese users.
* Running a stats gatherer that displays the gathered stats using Munin.

If you think you are able to provide these things, please step forward.

Until somebody takes over, I will of course continue hosting the pubgrid
introducer and node.

Regards,
David