[tahoe-dev] 1.10.0 - works on netbsd-5, i386 in pkgsrc context

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Wed May 1 23:06:44 UTC 2013

I'm trying the 1.10.0 (release) tarball with pkgsrc, having been too
busy to try the release candidates.

Running 'make test' in pkgsrc (netbsd-5, i386), which invokes "gmake
test" in the source directory, I notice:

  failures because of not importing _sqlite3

  skipped unicode tests

The _sqlite3 is perhaps a bug; if it's required then probably it should
have been an error for it to be missing at build time.  It's also not
apparent in README or NEWS.  (I realize sqlite3 support is sort of part
of python, but also that some people prefer to use the code not in the
distribution, so this is inherently a confusing subject.)

The tests took 1328.285s.  This is on a 2006-vintage single-cpu 3.4GHz
Pentium 4 with HTT, and 2G of ram.  Not complaining - it's great to have
test coverage, but I'm wondering if this is normal.

1.10.0 seems to work ok as a pubgrid client.
The only nit I noticed is that the introducer furl on the welcome page
runs into the "not running storage server" bullet.  (Plus bugs from
earlier versions that I didn't expect to be fixed.)